20080629

and for that i am thankful.

God

thank You for new friends
who care for me
though we don't know each other well
we can get along
encouraging and building and sharing

thank You for old friends
who love me still
despite all my negative traits and annoying habits
who will listen
when i need a listening non-judgemental ear

thank You for my family
close and far away
all weird habits and traits and arguments aside
we will be there for one another
and surprise each other with our care and concern and love

thank You for choosing still
to speak to me
even though i know i made you sad today
You chose to use people
including those i've but just met to converse with me

thank You for forgiving
me my sins and transgressions
You let Yourself endure ridicule and pain and sorrow beyond human comprehension
just so the way would be open
and we could be together again in paradise one day

thank You for showing me
parts of Your will in motion
that i may sing praises to Your holy Name
forever and ever
were stones have breath would they shout and sing and scream holy are You

thank You for affirmations
of Your plan for my life
You knit me together in the most secret of places
a plan of my life in front of You
i choose to follow what You will for me

thank You for knowing me
so well
my short-comings and my tendencies You know
Like the back of Your hand
You know what makes me tick and what weighs heavy upon my heart

thank You for loving me
much more than i can ever hope to compare
Magnanimous and genuine and true
that is who You are
You love me with a passionate undying love

and for that i am thankful.

0 comments: