20060609

Jeremiah 15:16

today is a rainy lazy day-y..

you know wad it feels like??..feels like gOd is washing his home up there..great!!..means that when we die and go to heaven, we'll have a wonderful spectacular magical gleeming sqeakingly clean eternal home =D (alright!!) ..hahas..

yesterday, i got lazy..i looked thru old photographs..i washed up breakfast dishes..i played the piano..then i went out to accompany elly from thompson plaza to balmoral plaza..then i went to salvation army Haven for tuition..after which my mum fetched me from there to church to practise on the baby grand with gloria..then i came hm..

didja notice smthgs are missing??

today i'm at hm alone (nice.)

and i did smthg that i haf never ever done before :

i partook my daily bread
i read the bible verses
and then..
i sang songs to gOd (by myself)!!
and i talked to him on my knees

and while i was doin that..i thought wldnt it be great if i had a few friends over and we did a little mini-worship to gOd??..i mean..it'd be a lil embarrassing for my friends to see me crying while praying and singing (cos when i cry out to gOd, the tears realli stream from my eyes..literally..) ..but hey..focus on gOd!! when i sing songs..the lyrics realli mean alot..and i am jus overwhelmed by the sovereignty of gOd and his unconditional love..i cant help it..i jus..choke up..

anyways..ytd's daily bread (in case ure wondering, that and the prayers bit was missing frm wad i recounted)..

wel..ytd's daily passage consisted of a few readings frm various parts of the bible..

and when i read them out loud to gOd, i cried..they meant so much to me..and i wanna share them with you..gOd is THE best author..THE best poet..THE most accurate one..praise gOd!!

taken frm Our Journey Jun . Jul . Aug 2006 , June 8 Thursday :

FEED YOUR SOUL

Psalms 119:89-112
(89) Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven [stands firm as the heavens]

(90) Your faithfulness is from generation to generation; You have established the earth, and it stands fast.

(91) All [the whole universe] are Your servants; therefore they continue this day according to Your ordinances.

(92) Unless Your law had been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.

(93) I will never forget Your precepts, [how can I?] for it is by them You have quickened me (granted me life).

(94) I am Yours, therefore save me [Your own]; for I have sought (inquired of and for) Your precepts and required them [as my urgent need]

(95) The wicked wait for me to destroy me, but I will consider Your testimonies.

(96) I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity].

(97) Oh, how love I Your law! It is my meditation all the day.

(98) You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for [Your words] are ever before me.

(99) I have better understanding and deeper insight than all my teachers, because Your testimonies are my meditation.

(100) I understand more than the aged, because I keep Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].

(101) I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Your word [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].

(102) I have not turned aside from Your ordinances, for You Yourself have taught me.

(103) How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

(104) Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

(105) Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

(106) I have sworn [an oath] and have confirmed it, that I will keep Your righteous ordinances [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them].

(107) I am sorely afflicted; renew and quicken me [give me life], O Lord, according to Your word!

(108) Accept, I beseech You, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me Your ordinances.

(109) My life is continually in my hand, yet I do not forget Your law.

(110) The wicked have laid a snare for me, yet I do not stray from Your precepts.

(111) Your testimonies have I taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart.

(112) I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes forever, even to the end.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God will stand forever.

Jeremiah 15:16
Your words were found and I ate them, and your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
(16) All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for the training in righteousness, (17) that the man of God may be competent and equipped for every good work.

when i didnt do my daily bread ytd, and for the countless times i neglected the practice, i felt exactly how James MacDonald felt :
... my heart goes hungry. But when i feast on the Bread of Life, my heart overflows with joy.

i am glad to be back in His loving, strong and protecting arms =]

i love gOd with all my heart and in His presence, that's where i always want to be..i jus want to be with you, Lord..

dont do your daily bread..sing worship songs..go to church..read the bible out of habit..dont make it a meaningless ritual..

do it because you want to..out of love for gOd..to want to know His words..because u are eager and excited and want to be filled with His nourishing words!!..do it because u need it..else your soul dies from hunger and thirst..

mr. MacDonald says to consider how often you substitute the words of men for the Word of God. How many newspapers or magazines or website articles do u read before you read His word?

it doesnt mean that u cant read newspapers or magazines or website articles..it simply means that if u have onli 5 minutes, would you rather read world and worldly news or God's news??..which would you choose??

Don Moen -- i want to be where You are

i just want to be where You are
dwelling daily in Your presence
i dont want to worship from afar
draw me near to where You are

i just want to be where You are
in Your dwelling place forever
take me to the place where You are
i just want to be with You

i want to be where You are
dwelling daily in Your presence
feasting at Your table
surrounded by Your glory
in Your presence
that's where i always want to be

i just want to be
i just want to be with You

O my gOd
You are my strength and my song
and when i'm in Your presence
thought i'm weak You're always strong

i just want to be where You are
in Your dwelling place forever
take me to the place where You are

i just want to be
i just want to be with You

4 comments:

- brybryy said...

haha coincidentally i do daily bread devotions as well.. everyday b4 i go to slp.. they are really inspiring in the sense that God always addresses the issues and problems i have been facing through the articles... and the bible verses always have the answers i was searching for.. hahha

nah its not embarassing to tear when u cry out to God... i was (and still am) like that (hah i bet ur perspective of me has altered.. haha.. btw it takes quite alot of courage to admit that ><)... cuz God's love is so overwhelming that control over emotions tends to slacken..

emyegeeayen said...

hmmm..it kinda does change my opinion of u a lil =]
when're u cmg back to s'pore??..

- brybryy said...

next week.. but am gonna be in shanghai for another week for weight-gaining extravangaza.. haha

- brybryy said...

*extravaganza