20061104

10 Scriptures to Pray ~ OJ (Sp. Feat.)

this i got frm OJ Sep . Oct . Nov 2006 p.31

i thought it realli good and useful..dont look at the scripture and say "o, i've seen this b4, i know that already." look at the verses and be still and listen to wad gOd has to say..smtimes, wad we need is a repeated promise, or a repeated command..gOd knows what we need..

be still and listen

To bolster your faith in difficult seasons, meditate and pray God’s truth :

Pray, “Lord, I believe…

"Trials will come"
1 Peter 4 : 12-13
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

“Trials forge my faith”
James 1 : 2-4
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

“Your hand is on the thermostat”
1 Corinthians 10 : 13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

“I can abide under your faithfulness”
Psalm 91 : 2 , 4
I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust”…and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

“I can trust you when I am afraid”
Psalm 56 : 3-4
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?

“Thinking about Jesus’ sacrifice brings perseverance”
Hebrews 12 : 3
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.

“This trial will increase my faith”
Matthew 14 : 30-31
But when [Peter] saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.” Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

“This trial will teach me how to forgive”
Luke 23 : 34
And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

“This trial will teach me how not to rely on myself”
2 Corinthians 1 : 8-9
For we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.

“This trial will teach me how to depend on the Holy Spirit”
Galatians 2 : 20
It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

gOd bLEsS

me

0 comments: