20070725

casting crowns -- who am i?

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.

Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.

Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.

Who am I?
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again.

Who am I?
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.

I am yours.
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?
'Cause I am yours.
I am yours.

sijia introduced this song to me during our GoFish leaders' retreat frm the 20th - 210707.
Casting Crown's "who am i?"

truth be told i know who i am. but i'm still in shock and in awe about my identity.

i cant understand how God, our God, can love us. i cant understand why of all the creatures that may exist in this ever-expanding universe He chose to reveal Himself to us, to love us, to call us His children.

i'm full of imperfections, full of bad points. full of pride, full of anger, full of injustice. how can the Holy One love me?

bible doesnt say why He loves us. it simply states that He loves us.

interesting, huh?

if u can recall, this theme of unworthiness and gratefullness has infested my thoughts thru and thru. since the time i consciously made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses up til now.

i believe God has shown me the why He loves us. but it's still amazing.

last year, during YMLC, (i blogged this before), during worship, God gave me a vision. an image of a man with His daughter. no surroundings. just the 2 figures.

God loves us simply because we are His children. His creation. period.

there is no why or what we've to do to earn it. it just is.

like when i painted my first still life picture (which my mum threw away =( ). i loved it. it wasnt perfect, wasnt the brilliant billion-dollar work of art i'd really like it to be. but i loved it. it didnt do anythg to earn it. it simply came into being. and with that call to existence, so did my love for it. that's all there is to it.

i think it's like that with God.

His love just is that - His love.

no matter how much we struggle, how much we bicker amongst ourselves, how much pain we cause Him, He still loves us. and that's pretty amazing, wouldn't u agree?

i've never forgotten that.

no matter how far i walk along the road with my Saviour, no matter how mature others say i've become, i've never forgotten that undeserved, unearned love God has for me.

this love is the stumbling block to unbelievers - because they cannot accept it.
this love can also be a stumbling block to believers - because they cannot believe it and feelings of unworthiness overcome them like a tsunami, drowning them in its depths and fierceness.

but this love can be a magnet to both groups of people - because we keep seeing that we need it and receive it with tearful thankfulness.

to me, i believe we are unworthy of this precious yet everlasting gift.
but everytime we are tempted to turn away in shame, know this - God is not ashamed of you.

you belong to Him.
the Holy Spirit He has sealed and marked you with is in you and will testify for you.
"The Holy Spirit who lives in us is really, in a sense, an expression of God our Father's smile, His favour, His pleasure. God is proud of you. He loves you. In Fact, when He goes with you" wherever you journey, "He says to others through you life, " Hey, this is My child. He has My name. His name is Christian." ( OJ, 25 July 2007, "we belong to Him", Crawford W. Loritts)

just like my love for my painting, so is God's love for us - it simply came into existence when we were created.

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs -- heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
~ Romans 8:15-17

who am i?

My name is Megan "nique". and i belong to God, saved by the blood of Jesus. receipient of His love, grace, mercy and teachings.

who are you?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

God loves us because He is love :). You are quite a thinker. I'm serious!