20081030

The Pretender that Cannot Pretend -- Megan








friend asked me once
what my style of dressing was.
Her question took me by surprise
I really felt quite lost!

But the more I thought about it,
the more I realised
I like to play pretend
and fool all watching eyes.

I pretend I am a pirate
searching for lost treasure.
I pretend I am a poet;
writing is my pleasure.

I pretend I am a hippie
so in love with all the colours!
I pretend I am a rock star
with a pair of bright red kissers.

I embrace the Chinese side of me
with pearls and silken folds.
I display my Nonya heritage
wearing the three buttons gold.

I pretend to be an athlete
donning shoes and FBTs.
I pretend to be Boheme
in long skirts and big earrings!

I pretend to be a maiden
in the age of Romantic Britain.
I pretend to be so sweet
in pink frocks adorned with ribbon.

But even though, as you can see,
I love to play pretend,
there is one thing that I live out;
a truth that cannot bend.

I will not try to hide it,
and no, I am not bored,
so fascinated, I am so proud
to be a friend of God.

2 comments:

yp said...

nice :)

emyegeeayen said...

thank you lots =]