20081017

Three Candles, A Lighter & Flowers (16102008)

This twenty-first birthday of mine's sure turning out to be really memorable!

Today's the seventeenth of October the year two thousand and eight (ie. it's not even my birthday yet!) and already, my birthday's been pre-marked with two surprise-celebrations with two groups of people whom I love so much =]

Yesterday, tutorial day, looked set to be another great day because I get to sit in you-know-who's tutorial class, woo! Then I went to take my usual place at one of the benches outside Popular Bookstore for some study time before lunch (usually with Sangee and Mahes) and my last two classes for the day. Sangee had messaged me two days before, asking me to accompany her when she goes for a consultation with Harry. Of course, being the nice person that I am, HAHA, I agreed.

So there I was, sharing a bench with this other girl, when Sangee called asking where I was. Then she found me and to my surprise, and hers as well I might add, she was sitting about two benches down from me together with Nurul and Niki and Afiah and Cheryl! Gosh! And here I am, taking pride of my being observant! Ego sure is taking a whuppin' this year! Darn!

Afiah and Niki were hiding behind one of the pillars and they were holding...a cake!

Haha!

They sang me the birthday song and gave me a bunch of really colourful flowers =]
Okay, so I don't quite like confectionaries, but I do love good cream and this cake was mostly made up of good cream =]
Okay, so I don't quite like flowers because they die, but this is like the second time I've ever received flowers in my life..I think..which is rather cool because there's no denying that they're really beautiful and the main stalk was a bright red & yellow tulip, my favourite colours (gold is in the same family as yellow)!

Oh, did I mention they didn't forget to emphasize that they had to borrow Chee Han's lighter to light the candles? And they made me return his lighter to him plus bring him a piece of the cake (I dragged Nurul along)? Well, they did! It was nice. I got to see Chee Han's super cool non-luminous flame lighter that makes the same blowing noise as them bunsen burners when you open the air-hole, and it also doubles up as a torchlight. Haha!

The flies kept buzzing around the cake! Proves how super sweet the intentions plus the resulting product were, haha!

Anyways, went for the last class of the day, Contemporary Social Theory. The more I read Harry's answer key to the quiz, the more depressed I felt. But then, at the end when everyone was packing to go off, Harry wished me a happy birthday and called out, because I was already out of the room, "how old are you ah?"

I have no idea why he asked that and why it matters at all.

Thank you, Sangee, Nurul, Afiah, Cheryl, my darling husband, Chee Han, Shivali, Mahes, Alvina, Harry & all you sizzlers who wished me a happy birthday =]

0 comments: