20090106

My First Psalm to He who is Worthy

Nothing in the universe is more wonderful than You are, Almighty God.
The flowers of the field, they do not worry,
for You bring them food and water and rest,
You clothe them with garments so beautiful and delicate.
No wise man would dare compare.

From the frail green bean to the mighty lion
You have knitted us all together in the intricate web of life,
none greater than the other;
for each one needs the other.
I praise You of perfect plans and crafts,
for without You, everything perishes;
nothing stands.

I sing to You, and I beseech You
turn not Your face from me, nor Your Love be hidden from my eyes.
Forgive me when I sin, magnanimous One,
forgive me.
When I kneel at Your feet in shame and brokenness,
You take my hands and lift me up
from the humiliation and the filth, You picked me up,
and restored to me my place by Your side,
my crown of Life.
I wish to sit in Your presence for ever,
to bask in Your glory, to speak and listen to Your comforting Voice.

You life me up, higher than the tallest mountain,
higher than all the stars in the heavens
that twinkle for joy at being crafted at Your good Hands.
You are my wings,
that I may soar and that my feet not grow weary.
You guide my feet, for they are Yours;
they obey Your bidding, they go where You want them to;
over jagged cliffs and raging seas
they walk and take me to where You will me to be.
I bend my will to receive Yours.

My LORD, let mine eyes see what You see
and my ears hear what You hear.
May they be sensitive to the groanings of Your people and Your beloved creation.
Let my heart be broken by Your Love and Your Law;
Your perfect Love, Your perfect Law,
and be rebuilt to break for what breaks Yours,
to ache for what causes You pain.
My body is Yours,
may it dance for joy when You rejoice in the company of angels and saints,
may it bend and tremble with hurt and anger when Your anger burns against sin and the doings of the evil one.

My pen is Yours.
I pick it up and You speak,
Your servant writes
for he longs to obey and to love his Lover.
His body shivers and his mind works
at the very thought of You, at the quiet and powerful Voice of Yours.
He longs You stay with him every moment.

O LORD, my God,
I love You.

2 comments:

yp said...

:)

yp said...

write often when you are in the UK!