20060724

melt your fears

more than twice the topic of fears and apprehension surfaced in the past 2 days..

i was reminded of (to me) a powerful entry by a fellow OJ reader..i think it wld do many good if i post it here..dont jus read it..think about it..munch on it..

Melting my fears

Flying in the cold months can be tricky in northern Michigan. In early March, winter is still very much in control. Like most folks, I'm always hoping to travel without delays. But, I also want to travel safely. Every time.

On one trip, my initial flight had just arrived in Detroit after a bumpy approach. The pilot had warned us of "high winds, blowing snow, and very cold temperatures". He was right. The steel-gray late afternoon sky looked hostile, uninviting. As we transferred to a smaller Saab 340 twin turboprop for the final leg home, horizontal snowflakes clawed at the aluminum skin of the plane. It was 7 degrees Fahrenheit. I shivered at the thought of being outside.

I also pondered for a moment if it would be wiser to drive the last 260 miles.

Suddenly, the captain's calm voice broke throught the cabin speakers and into my fearful thoughts, "We'll be taxiing over to the de-icing station before we take-off." He made it sound like a routing announcement. "We have a slight ice accumulation on the aircraft wings. We'll spray it off and be on our way. It won't take long." I couldn't detect an ounce of concern in his voice. None.

I watched uneasily as the ethylene glycol spray washed over the place. The ice I could see on the wing outside my window almost instantly disappeared. I was amazed. Slowly, a wave of peace gathered itself and gently wrapped around me like a warm blanket. I sat back in my seat. The pilot gently coazed the Szzb into the now-black, frigid sky. I was homebound.

As i listened to the engines drone, it occurred to me that gOd's love acts in the same way as the ethylene glycol. As i seek him each day, he covers me with his grace. i can trust him for today, and one day, i'll arrive safely home to live with him forever. his peace melts my spiritual fears. he even helps me soar above earthly fears as i remember his promise : "Behold, I am with you always, to the end of age" (Matthew 28:20).

Now that's a warm thought for even the coldest night in life.

John 14:1-4
(1) "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me. (2) In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (4) You know the way to the place where I am going."

when was the last time gOd guided you safely thru "bad weather"?

do u trust Him more as a result of that experience?

wad do you need to change in your life so that you'll be able to recognise gOd's presence?

gOd loves and cares about you -- ALWAYS

~ Clifford E. Denay Jr.,Michigan, written by a fellow Our Journey reader July 22, Our Journey

gOd bLEsS

me

0 comments: