20071019

18102007 - 20 years on the face of this planet

thank you speech:

i would like to thank GOD for blessing me with such WONDERFUL FRIENDS who remember my birthday even though i cant remember theirs =x
seriously, man, how d'u do it? so many dates to remember! mebe i'm just not making the effort, huh =(

i would also like to thank GOD for blessing me with a FAMILY =]

i would to thank PROF FRANCIS LIM, PROF KWOK KIAN WOON & CHEE HAN for coming up with the essay questions!
without them, i wouldnt have pushed myself to read WEBER and essays on his work by OTHER PEOPLE, and so, miss out on sweet sweet goosebump-able revelations i get while reading such wonderful and thought-provoking works.
also, i would miss out on what a brilliant mind WEBER has; i'm starting to like the way he thinks, and admire how he connects seemingly unconnectable dots =]

i would like to give a big hug to A.MAG & ERICA for taking me to tea @ Eclectic Attic =D
new fav haunt! i love how it smells, i love the food and i love all the jazz and knickknacks they have there!
we had high tea (the one with the cakes on plates stacked high on a metal frame), earl gray tea, scones, steak sandwich+chips, blue baby, cranberry juice, long island lemonade.
then we went shopping at spotlight for scrapbook material stuffs =D

i would like to say thanks to my DADDY, MUMMY, GALEN, CAITLYN, ELWYN, AUNTY SHIRLEY, UNCLE SOOYI & AREN for taking me to sushi tei (!!) for dinner! i guess all of you know i'm a sushi die-hard fan! oh! and AREN! i know you cant read too well yet, but i want the world to know:
my turning-6-in-december counsin insisted on buying me a toy with his own money from his own piggy bank! how sweet can you get?!
he got me a polly pocket water fun set =] we had fun playing with it at night after getting back from sushi tei @ holland V. the four jets of water spewing out frm the purple rock sculpture are lit by different colored lightbulbs~! orange, red, green, blue! so fun~!
AREN has good taste *nods solemnly*

i would like to say a big big big thank you to SANGEE, MAHES, NIKI (my husband..? are we married yet??), DIANNE, RINA & CHOONMIN for singing the happy birthday song to me on tuesday after lect =] haha! u sizzlers seem to like singing that song to me in lecture theatres..hmmm..

and thank you ALL WHO MSGED ME to wish me happy birthday! too many to name =x most notably, ying! i missed you loads, lady =( sigh..

dear God,

i pray that you draw me close to You, never letting me go as You have done. i pray that You not give up on me. i also pray that i seek Your will for my life, and i pray You reveal it in Your time. i pray that You give me courage and boldness to follow Your will if my will is not what You will. Lord, thank You for friends who make me feel loved and not alienated, even when at times i do feel so. thank You for reminders time and time again that i am not alone. thank You most of all for Your good timing - making me meet people at the most..brilliant..moments of my life to encourage me, to bring me back..giving me the conviction and strength to go for events that i otherwise wouldnt have gone because of my feelings then..

thank You.

5 comments:

Prisca Lim said...

Happy Birthday! so sweet, your speech. May God bless you richly.

Robin

emyegeeayen said...

haha! thanks lots, Robin =]
ure from my 201 lecture class right??

Prisca Lim said...

Yes, I am still waiting to see you in person;)

BTW, did you see my reply to your another post on "love"?

Kind regards

Robin

emyegeeayen said...

oh! i just read it =x
so it's your daughter's name! what does it mean?
i'm in 201 and 205.
are you the one from China? taking a Masters degree, if i'm not wrong..?

Prisca Lim said...

Yes, I am the one:)

Tian Pei means "God cultivated" Her surname is Lim "Forest" in Chinese.

See you around

Robin