20071031

questions..questions..

last saturday's bible study got me thinking..

not so much abt the lesson per se, but smthg else..

i'm happy when pple ask questions. it shows that God's people are thinking, and are growing; yearning for some solids rather than surviving on milk for so long. some make me think real hard and inspire me to go home and do some voluntary homework to find out more and come to my own conclusions.

but the problem is that there is almost an infinite number of questions that can be asked. are we going to ask them all?
i doubt it.

even if we do manage to ask them all, are you going to remember all them answers u get?
i doubt it.

the idea, then, is to ask the "correct" questions. or rather, the questions that matter.

what are the questions that matter?

hmmm..think about that, will you?
what matters most? what yardstick do you whip out to measure the importance of each question that pops into your mind?

personally, those that matter most to me are those pertaining directly to my salvation.
is the answer going to impact my views on my salvation?
is it concerning what we understand of God's character?
thgs like that.
if they do concern my salvation, then yes, it is imperative that i ask.

note, however, that this is not to say one cannot ask questions; any questions that puzzle.

ask if you will, but know what you're going to do with the information that is going to come your way in the form of others' answers. know the significance of the answer(s).
why are you asking in the first place?

questions that arent as important, do the answers matter so much?
perhaps.
but it is not necessary that all must come to the same conclusion else they are believing not in the "Truth"?

ask.

BUT

know what matters and what doesnt.

0 comments: