20070111

just a bunch of gobbledygook

i just realised that my blogger template doesnt support chinese characters *hai*. and i only realised that after i typed a whole entry in chinese, clicked "publish post", checked the blog, and saw a mess of weird characters (not one chinese character in sight at all).

i dont hate chinese (never really hated it per se), just couldnt bring myself to really want to put in the extra effort to ace it. then, talking to my ex-chinese tution teacher one day made me realise how horrifically terrifically atrocious my chinese was (had to pause for a whole second before i could reply a simple one liner). i decided to try to revive my "mother tongue" (the one the Singapore Government refers to: Chinese pple to Chinese). to tell the truth, my chinese standard is currently smwhat like my dialect speaking ability - horrendous. why arent there classes we can take to improve our dialects and learn more abt other dialects? i love my dialect! why cant there be classes i can take to improve on it? i cant even read my dialect! i can only speak it! *sheesh*

anyway, i'm gonna rant here, so those looking out for smthg edifying \ of a certain quality (?) it's not too late to stop reading.

just finished the first week of lectures (tutorials start nxt week). i have one thing to say. okay, mebe more than one thing.

1. i HATE the teeny-tiny lecture rooms. (the one on level 4 in the North Spine). so...claustraphobic!
2. i DONT like school food. no, not even the macs there.
3. i MISS doing readings. gonna start once again soon *yays*
4. i'm so GLAD steph, puiki, dae, sijia and i are meeting on wednesdays for lunch.
5. i LOVE dialects.

yep.

oh, i did James study 3 (1:19-27). went online and found other sources for bible study on that particular portion. they were really interesting! i must say, (sorry Hannah & Yipeng), i found some of them more interesting, easier to understand and more engaging than the book we're using. but, i'm thankful we even have a book to begin from. i've never really done so much"research" on a book in the bible before. never really went all out to find out meanings and possible questions and cross references and main themes in a book in the bible before today! and i'm here to report, sir, that i luvvit!

there's so much to learn from James! James is one of the shortest books in the bible (5 chapters only) and already thee's so much to garner frm its pages, what more with the other books?! oooohhh, this is SO exciting!

my daddy's leaving for Brunei tmr morn. not sure how i feel abt that. i mean, i'm happy his career's still alive and well, i'm happy he's going away frm Singapore (i love travelling and i'm naturally glad for anyone going overseas: the thgs they'll see, the smells they'll encounter, the pple they meet...), but the house will seem so empty when he leaves. i know our family can be considered a little large in today's society (nuclear family: 6 pple), but all the same, he will be missed. it feels so empty when one member of my family's gone.

anyway (sorry emay, gonna borrow your idea\template once again), i thank God for:
1. letting me plan my timetable such that i've fridays off once again. such a coincidence that my dad's leaving on friday and i've friday off, so i can go send him off! coincidence? i think not! thank you, Lord!
2. good friends who encourage and comfort me when i feel utterly alone in this world packed full with pple (you know who you are). esp those who've taken my hand and walked with me thru my latest period of depression. i am truly thankful.
3. giving me the honour of letting me write yet another song (see previous post) when i was feeling emotionally down.
4. my black beauty - my one and only - my darling piano. sorry i havent gotten down to polishing you just yet again. i promise i'll do it soon.
5. my good enough grades. though my gpa missed an A by 0.1, i am thankful.

til another time, sizzlers!

i remain your thankful & amazed servant, Lord,

me

1 comments:

yp said...

i am studying james too :)

studying it slowwwwwly verse by verse with the audio sermon i was telling u abt..